The Oath

For my 25th birthday, moving forward and growing older, I want to look back at my life and say I made a difference. How Can I Help? is my first active step towards improving the quality of life in the world and in myself. I am taking an oath and taking a stand to help aid organizations find cures and find peace on our globe. My project is small and simple, one organization, every month, for one year (to start).
This project by no means expresses a simple solution to our worlds’ issues and conflicts. This is a personal journey and a continuous effort, with hopes that it someday educates and inspires others.

My goal is to one day fund a trip abroad and assist, hands-on, the organizations I admire and support. Along the way, I will be building a database of admirable organizations and knowledgeable resources so that others, too, can choose to contribute in areas that need it the most. I’m looking forward to how far this project will take me. I hope by starting this, it will trigger the same inspiration in friends and in family to start their own oath of humanitarianism or philanthropic projects. 


The Oath:

I, Jessica, pledge to make a world-wide change every month. 
Through a different charity organization, I will contribute my effort in one or more of the following ways: donating money, volunteering my time, mentoring, writing to local officials, or becoming a social advocate. I promise to be the change I want to see in the world.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment